Nine examples of what the public isn’t supposed to know:
(1) Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH): It’s injected into cows to force more milk production. Monsanto created it by combining cow DNA and E. coli (really). Now Eli Lily owns it. It infects cows’ udders, causing gross malformations and demands a plethora of antibiotic injections which furthers the creation of antibiotic resistant superbugs. It also leaves small amounts of pus in consumers’ milk. For a few years, farmers who labeled their milk “no rBGH” were harassed with “legal actions” by Monsanto. That level of free speech has been halted, yet rBGH treated milk is not labeled.
(2) Toxic drugs in meat: The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) has determined that meat inspectors lack the wherewithal to find certain toxic drug residues in meats from factory farming. Parasites and bacteria can be cooked out. Drugs and heavy metals can’t be cooked out.
(3) Gourmet meats: Calves are placed into tiny crates to prevent any movement then slaughtered before full maturity. Their muscles aren’t developed, so their tender meat is served as veal. Despite images of geese and ducks with bleeding throats struggling to breathe and barely able to walk, force feeding fowl to create the bloated liver “delicacy” known as foie gras continues in the USA.
(4) Salmonella: The perpetrator of the most recent huge egg salmonella outbreak, Jack DeCoster, only had to recall a half-billion eggs after causing 1600 illnesses. He wasn’t shut down or arrested or fined despite the atrocious disease potential conditions of hen houses that are common among egg producers, including Tyson Foods. Instead of creating better conditions, they just inject the hens with more antibiotics.
(5) Antibiotics: Speaking of antibiotics, 70 percent of existing antibiotics are injected into livestock. The consumed meat brings antibiotics into human bodies. Added to this factor is the overuse of antibiotics for humans. The result is more antibiotic resistance and superbugs such as MRSA.
(6) Extreme growth promoters: The EU doesn’t allow antibiotics or extreme growth promoters to be used on livestock. The USDA is all for it. Even arsenic is allowed to make chickens grow bigger, faster. Enjoy your chicken wings.
(7) HACCP: Stands for Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points. It actually restricts meat inspectors by leaving it up to the companies to assure the cleanliness and safety of their meats. The inspectors come around to check on whether they’re doing the quality control methods those companies had proposed, yet they wind up having to look the other way as they push out contaminated meat.
(8) Mad Cow: It came, it went, and it’s back again according to the report posted onAlterNet. The EU banned beef imports from the U.S. when the first mad cow episode occurred. Mad cow results from mixing cow parts in with cattle feed, causing the neurodegenerative disease bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) that can also contaminate humans.
(9) Cloned livestock:The FDA and USDA claim there is no difference between cloned and natural livestock, so it needn’t be labeled. This reasoning mimics GMO and rBGH non labeling issues. Monsanto really does control the FDA and USDA.
Sources for this article include: http://www.alternet.org/ Video (undercover) foie gras production: http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-food/foie-gras.aspx http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bovine_spongiform_encephalopathy http://www.naturalnews.com/028025_GM_foods_immune_system.html
- kitten-cuddler likes this
- f-y-h reblogged this from or3pt1l14nxk1ll4o and added:
- nubianbrothaz likes this
- capriciousrain likes this
- healthyisairy reblogged this from hoodooyouvoodoo
- vaginal-necr0sis reblogged this from satanic-catlady
- publichealtivism likes this
- hoodooyouvoodoo reblogged this from iwalkliketommypickles
- iwalkliketommypickles reblogged this from tiedyeskin
- politicore likes this
- undiscoveredpsyche likes this
- georgevvbush likes this
- neweconomies likes this
- canadamaple reblogged this from princessmonsanto
- oniononmybelt likes this
- clitorissqueen reblogged this from antinwo
- thesewhitewaters likes this
- curtmina reblogged this from fireyourowncannons
- jasminemcatee likes this
- xthelistenerx reblogged this from tiedyeskin
- xthelistenerx likes this
- snailcult likes this
- fireinthecity reblogged this from the-potential
- the-potential reblogged this from floraltitties
- z-ocon reblogged this from floraltitties
- floraltitties likes this
- fireyourowncannons reblogged this from tiedyeskin and added:
- tiedyeskin reblogged this from antinwo
- wozziebear reblogged this from princessmonsanto
- anotcleverblog likes this
- tiedyeskin likes this
- seriiously likes this
- my-heart-bleeds-for-villains reblogged this from questionall
- comparexconform reblogged this from explosions-in-space
- breathing-illusions reblogged this from schysmata
- breathing-illusions likes this
- memi5813 reblogged this from questionall
- mediaexposed likes this
- explosions-in-space reblogged this from xproudbrownyouthx
- questionall likes this
- darthstudious likes this
- xproudbrownyouthx reblogged this from wakemeupdeer
- xproudbrownyouthx likes this
- tena-yellow-ranger reblogged this from schysmata
- soitgoesrandomly likes this
- essentialwandering likes this
- m-a-y-hem likes this
- rednecks-and-aliens likes this